Sunday, January 22, 2006

seriously...


012205
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Something a little out of the ordinary has been happening recently. It's not a big thing, but it's just made me wonder...

Seriously- do I just look gay to some people?

Cause I'm not. Honestly, I've never even wondered how people see me until just now.

See, I host all of my pictures on Flickr... and part of the whole thing about Flickr is that you can browse and leave comments on other peoples photos.

It never happened until I started to post a pic here and there that shows a little skin... and the first comment didn't worry me any. Infact, I'd like to go on record as saying that I'm more than grateful anytime anyone finds me attractive. Male or female.

But it got a little strange when I got a comment that said, "Show us more!! Shake your money maker!!" I checked the profile of a dude who left a comment, only to see that he has *no* photos hosted there, but he's a member of a group of bearded gay men (more or less) on Flickr.

Others who have left comments have only pictures of hot unclothed men kissing in their albums. I've deleted a few of the less appropriate comments, but honestly, it's just sort of left me scratching my head.

I'm not pissed about it in any way (yay for people thinking I'm hot), but did I miss something? Is Flickr some sort of secret gay personals place and nobody told me? I don't get any chicks on there telling me that I'm hot, or requesting to see pictures of my penis...

I'm definitely not gonna stop posting semi-nudes there, and I could honestly care less if gay guys enjoy looking at them. Shit, I'd be more than happy to get rich selling pictures of myself in any state of undress to whoever would like to buy them. (hint, hint)

But this has all led me to other thoughts- upon examining my past...

I know that anytime I've gone to a gay bar with my gay friends, I get hit on like I'm the homo Brad Pitt. And even when I tell them that I'm not gay, they continue to offer drinks and press the issue. "You wouldn't be here if you weren't curious..." Followed by, "Well, if you'd just let me pleasure you, then that wouldn't make you gay, right? Pleeeeeease??" There was even actually a gay cat-fight once over me. I'll have to tell that story one day.

So here's the other thing I'm wondering- of course I've been to some bars and talked to some ladies.... and I always try to conduct myself as a total gentleman (Momma raised me right).

But ladies- In general, do straight guys treat you the same way gay guys treat me? Does it really feel so shallow and gross to be blatantly hit on by someone whom you know isn't after anything but some ass? Do you really have to deal with that sort of thing every time you go out?

I know I see it from time to time... Hell, I know that I have friends with no tact whatsoever- and I try to teach them how to be polite and courteous.

But really, am I just now seeing men the way women do?

If so, I must apologize on behalf of all the nice guys out there... keep looking- we do exist.

... And most of us are sick of only meeting girls who treat us like shit.



hugs and kisses,

-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock