Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy HNT....

My first... so I figured I'd try and make this one good. If you're not quite sure what HNT is all about, you can get the details here.... but in a nutshell, for the unfamiliar, it stands for "Half Nekkid Thursdays." All of the cool kids are doing it- at least that's what the cool kids are telling me.


Here's one I took last week with HNT in mind... and yes, they are cameraphone pics. If you don't like it, sorry. Or, as the Russians say, "tough shitzky."
hnt1

.... and here's me upon waking up this morning. I hate waking up alone.
hnt2


.... I have a really good one of K and I, but it'd probably be a good idea for me to get her permission before I post it. But it is hellllla sexy.... *wink*


Moving along...

We played more blues. Durty says this is a cute pic, so I'll post it up...
DSC00565

I have finally come to accept the fact that this is just my classic guitar face, however unattractive it may be-
IMG_5366.JPG

I bought a new guitar, and it rocked ass at the gig last night... but no one took any pics. She's still unnamed at this point- any suggestions?
new_guitar

Random fact- I didn't realize until I was out and about today that I had subconciously coordinated my shirt with my underwear. Both of which were yellow. But the odd part is that I have exactly one yellow shirt and one yellow pair of droors.

... if you're looking for perv entertainment this week, Trixie's got ya covered. Her posts on oral sex (both ways) are both entertaining and just plain good advice.

My personal life, I must admit, is looking up. And I'm proud of that... it seems like I've got more opportunities to play music than I can shake a stick at, and it's all because of one thing-

I took the step.

At our annual company meetings in December, I was given a choice between two offers:

1) Move to California with a pay raise, and work my ass off from now until kingdom come.
2) Leave my full-time position and become a contractor.

Basically, the company doesn't have enough work for me to do in TN to justify keeping me on salary here (like that was a secret to anyone), but they certainly didn't want to get rid of me.... I asked some questions, and got some answers, and here's what we came to-

-The daily rate as a contractor is gooooood. Really, really good. Plus, as a contractor, I can get overtime (which I don't now), at a premium rate.
-The company will guarantee me one tradeshow of work a month, negotiated in six month blocks. Each show is generally 7 or 8 days. At the rate they offered me, I would only have to work 5 days a month to equal my salary now...
-My full-time position will not be replaced, so I don't have to worry about being squeezed out. They will also call me randomly to pick up extra work at said daily rate.

Obviously, there wasn't much thinking to do about this one. Have three weeks a month off in which to sit on my ass, ride motorcycles, play music, etc., and travel all over the world the other week? Sold.

So as of now, I consider myself semi-permenantly semi-retired. Road trip, anyone?

This year is shaping up to be fucking awesome.

Here's one more pic I thought some of ya may enjoy on this wonderful HNT- I pulled it out of the tjayswift archives.... from back when I had a little longer beard, and a little shorter hair.
hnt3

Heading out to enjoy myself now.


-t

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hey!
Nice showing for your first HNT! I really like the one of you waking up...very nice :)

Happy HNT!!

1/19/2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Wenchy said...

This was SUCH a fabulous post!!!!! Welcome to HNT btw.

1/20/2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger The Emergent Teacher said...

Big Bird!!!

1/20/2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger tjayswift said...

it's so nice to see new faces... :D Thanks.

Durty- if I'm Big Bird, then you're "Durty Turdy."

and Trix- what the hell is a Foggia?

1/20/2006 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you come back to Europe to visit us again? We miss you :)

1/22/2006 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock