Thursday, December 29, 2005

a busy couple of days


nealson_and_tomfunkel
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
... so Monday night, I played the acoustic jam at Brackins with Neal-o, and that went pretty well, as it usually does. Nothing extremely notable from then, and the pics sucked, too.

Tuesday, however, we went out to Downtown Grill and Brewery to see my main man Scott McMahan perform for his CD release party. Scott ruled, as always.

Scott McMahan

Be sure and check out his website for details on how to get your hands on one of these spankin' new CDs.

Scott was gracious enough to let Neal-o and I do a set during his break, and that was a total blast. I'm not quite sure who to credit for the photo (Jimmie?), but this one turned out well-

a_duet

Jimmie had a few drinks and starting preaching the gospel of Scott McMahan to Knoxville's homeless.


"And with this here wonderful compact disc full of flavorful and intimate original tunes by our savior hisself, you are HEALED!!!"

IMG_5182.JPG

My friend Marci is cuter than a damn button.
Marci

Tuesday night was a lot of fun, and it was great to be able to catch up with some of my peoples. I love every one of y'all, and totally appreciate the support with all I've been going through.

I'll update in a bit on last night- it was a total epic, and deserves its own post, for sure.

And sometime here soon, I'll update regarding the "thing." Trying to keep it out of mind at the moment, and doing quite well at it.

stay tuned....

-t

1 Comments:

Blogger da buttah said...

hoy shit! you re-appeared in blog land!

the standard is one awesome hotel....the "W" is wayyyyyyy cooler though, FYI ;)

glad you're back!

have a happy new year :)

12/30/2005 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock