Sunday, January 01, 2006

A good night.


010106
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
I went to sleep with blood on my hands, beer in my belly, and a beautiful girl beside me. Completely satisfied.

Not much to complain about there....

It was (mostly) a quiet night... got to hang out with some good friends and enjoy some great music.

Scott Miller and the Commonwealth were quite impressive, as were Mic Harrision and The High Score.

The only way to really explain these guys is just that they're "Knoxville Rock." Basically what that means is that they'd be country if they weren't so damn punk rock, too. There's just something aurally pleasing about hearing a guy sing with a near-bluegrass twang about booze, broads, and brawls, backed by pounding drums and near-distorted guitars. It never really drifts too far into country/bluegrass, or to the more rootsy punk end of things- it mostly just hovers in that sweet middle ground that the rest of us like to call "rock and roll."

scott_miller

Scott's is the type of music that, for me, makes me proud of the town where I came up, the dues that I've paid, and the heartbreak that I've suffered. He always has a way of making you feel like he's had it way worse than you, and goddammit, he's gonna drink and sing about it all with you 'til the sun comes up.

In his own words, right around the stroke of midnight-

"Goodbye 2005, you son of a bitch."


-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock