Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dang, it's been a week already?

I SWEAR I just posted a couple of days ago... where has the time gone?

Oh well... it's been a really busy week, and about to get busier.... Scott and I have been doing Tuesday nights at Brackins, Wednesdays at Manhattan's, and Sundays at Backroom BBQ. This week, however, we've got a couple of special treats lined up.

First off, this Thursday, we'll be playing live over the radiowaves on WDVX's Blue Plate Special. It'll start at noon (eastern), and those of you in Knoxville can catch it at 89.9 on your FM dial, and perhaps others, depending on where in town you are. The rest of you can listen to the LIVE WEBCAST from wdvx.com. Also playing will be Duke Brown, who is a total treat to listen to, as well... We're way excited about it, so be sure and let us know how we did if you happen to catch any of it.

THEN, on Friday evening, we've been invited to participate in a special Toys for Tots benefit show at the Corner Lounge. Friday promises to be a total epic, as the bill is looking VERY promising... Jay Clark with the CC String Band, the Drunk Uncles (featuring my buddy Jeff Barbra), and the Maid-Rite String Band (featuring my buddy Sarah Pirkle).

Here's a photo of Jeff from the last time they played there- you can rest assured that there will be LOTS of PBR tallboys consumed, and things WILL get rowdy.

jeff

Sorry I haven't been taking many pictures lately... It seems like I always bring the camera, but forget to use it. I promise I'll try harder.

...but here is a picture of a piece of "food" that was actually served to me... I think it was supposed to be a chicken strip, although it bore an uncanny resemblence to a bug of some sort.. Needless to say, I did not ingest it.

IMG_9367.JPG

Before I forget (because I've been really good at forgetting shit lately, like calling people back, for starters), if you ever get bored with YouTube, and are in desperate need of somewhere to waste a couple of hours on the internet while laughing uncontrollably, do yourself a favor and check out the best of craigslist. I can promise that you'll laugh your ass off. And if I can remember one day, I'll share a few of my personal favorites.


Shout outs to Chicago, Nor*Cal, and Dusseldorf. Y'all are on my mind. Hope everyone is doing great!


peace, love, and fried chicken that looks like bugs.

-t

PS- Don't forget the webcast on Thursday!

1 Comments:

Blogger da buttah said...

i'm going to forgo saying what that chicken thing reminds me of.

just cause i like you :)

12/18/2006 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock