Saturday, April 09, 2005

Eat, Sleep, Ride, and Pay Taxes


4905
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Saturday:

Woke up early, got into the leathers. My friend "stuffperson" turned me on to some new roads, particularly hwy 360. Ate at Hardee's while I was on a conference call with work. Rode on up to the Gap, and there was only one popo down by the lake. He had a red Mustang pulled over. Oh, and thanks for the heads up, MotoMinx and PJ. Greatly appreciated. Nice hair, by the way.

I heard of two separate accidents while I was up there today, neither one very serious. The first one was a member of the EastTennesseeRiders board. Glad to hear you're okay, Esquire.

The second one happened just as I was leaving. The only report I got from the riders coming back down (which may or may not be accurate) were that it was a red Honda, and that the rider got back up and rode on. Good onya, dude. You're a trooper.



Crashing sucks, and I hope I never ever have to deal with it again. I couldn't really find my groove for most of today, as there was a lot of traffic, and a lot of lunatics. The RX-7 group was HUGE... mostly well-behaved, but my buddy Matt did report having one slide around a turn using half of his lane... and just so you guys know, car and moto operators alike, this is NOT cool, and we WILL start catching you when you stop and letting you know about it. So keep it between the mustard and the mayonaise, please. :D

Despite not really feeling all that comfortable on the bike today, I did manage to drag a peg once. (!) Serves as a good reminder to get my ass out of the seat more before I hurt myself.



When I got back home, I went and had my taxes done. After the royal butt-raping (-$1400) I got from the IRS last year, I didn't want to take any chances by doing them myself. And guess what??

THIRTY-FIVE DAMN DOLLARS.

That was my refund. And it only cost me $50 to have them done. Hell, I guess I should be thanking Uncle Sam for not taking me to the cleaners again... When I got to the part where I got to choose a check in the mail or direct deposit, I kept looking for the check box that said, "You know what, you can keep it. Just stick my 'refund' up your star-spangled ass," but I couldn't seem to find it.

Maybe next year, I should start claiming all those kids. Oh, wait. Child support. Dammit. There seems to be no way to win, folks.

Leaving in the morning for Sin City. And I promise not to forget my camera this time.... And thanks to all the people who have stopped by the site. Your support is appreciated. Y'all have a good 'un.


... and before I start getting hate mail- I was just kidding about the kids. All except for two of them.


-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock