Sunday, April 17, 2005

Warp Core Breach


41705
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Yes, ladies, I AM always this sexy...

Last night was a blast.

We went to Quark's Star Trek Bar and had these utterly ridiculous drinks called "Warp Core Breach." They had dry ice in the bottom, which was pretty freaky- bubbles and smoke billowing out the whole time.

Here's the description from the website:

Warp Core Breach: Red Alert! Order this drink and prepare to separate your saucer section! Sensors indicate a blend of rums including Bacardi Select, Bacardi Spice, Bacardi limon, vodka, razzmatazz, Bacardi 151, cranberry, pineapple, ruby red, guava, orange juice, sour mix and grenadine. Pure ice crystals added from Planet Exo III surround the bubbling drink with smoke.

It was at least 30 ounces, and we were all well on our way to drunk by the time we left. So we went to Albertson's and bought beer. Logical, right??

I helped a friendly little scruffy guy rip off the self-checkout- we finally got him his (singular) beer for free. He was ecstatic- my good deed of the day.

Then we went to Walgreens, and I had to piss in the parking lot because I'd been holding it for an hour and they didn't have any "public" restrooms.

Then it was back to the hotel, where I reheated what was left of my Chicken McNuggets. After another beer, I opened and threw my extra 4 packs of barbeque sauce 9 stories into the pool. My malicious deed of the day.

Our new hire, "Tackleberry," decided it would be a good idea to call me while I was drunk and tell me that we were meeting up for work at 6AM, instead of 9. I was too drunk and tired to know better, and it was 3AM already, so I set the alarm and went to sleep. When I woke up at 5AM, I came to my senses and realized that he totally got me. So I called his room and told him he was an ass, and he'd better not have eaten the cookies I left in his cabinet.

Couldn't go back to sleep, so today I'm working 12+hours on about 3 hours of sleep. But rest easy, he WILL get his. It's already in the works, and it will be the prank of the year. But I can't give anything away yet- you'll just have to stay tuned.

Oh, and I almost forgot- Kitty has a happy new home with my neighbors. I figured someone would take her in, she's so sweet. And I still get to see her. Their 3 year old is totally thrilled. He had been begging his parents for a pet for weeks- ever since I started letting him play with Jager.

Something inside me wants to be a total redneck and get married here....but only in overalls.

Even though my day has been a recipe for total disaster, happiness abounds. I'm in a great mood, and there seems to be some balance somewhere in the universe. I am at peace. And sleepy.

-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock