Thursday, May 12, 2005

A Weekend in NorCal


50805
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Yeah, I know it's Thursday- and I've been busy since I got home. Sorry. This one will be picture-intensive...

I wrapped up work on Friday afternoon and headed up to San Rafael to spend the weekend with some friends. Promptly got screwed over by MapQuest and ended up headed the wrong way on the 101 in rush hour. It's way too long a story to post here.

I woke up early on Saturday and headed out to Antioch to go for a hike with a friend. We went up to Black Diamond Mines and bounced around the thousands of acres of trails. The scenery was awesome.
blackdiamondhills

It just happened to be descendent day at the park, so there were all kinds of people whose grandparents and whatnots lived and died in the mines. This shot shows (way off in the distance) a cemetary where many of the miners who died in accidents were buried.

cemetaryhill

We hiked another couple of miles on up the hill for an excellent view of Mt. Diablo.

diablo

Here's another good shot looking the other way, towards Antioch. That's the delta area off in the distance.

antioch

I had a great time snake hunting- found about a 6 foot gopher snake sunning off the trail, and then came across this gorgeous juvenile ringneck- but check out his battle scar- I reckon it came from a bird or some such. He was maybe a foot long or so, and very slender- most likely born last fall.

ringneck

I headed back up to the North Bay (Marin County) and we got the party started. I was kinda surprised that my one friend from high school gathered 30 or so people to come to a party for *me*, and it wasn't even my birthday... Sage the dog had a lot of fun playing with Chloe- they were perfect little playmates.

chloe&sage

We had some wicked hippie jam sessions and drum circles, and actually managed to make it through the night without singing Kumbaya. They were some serious hippie/rasta folk, complete with the bus in the front yard. As the night pressed on, they decided to do their fire-dance routine in the front yard. Here's a picture I snapped of Chotzi before the cops came.

firedancing

Got to share some music with Krickie, who was a really talented singer/songwriter. I'm trying to talk her into taking a trip out here sometime so she can play in Knox-Vegas for us.

I had a bunch of fun, and met a whole bunch of really cool people. The cops finally shut the party down on their third visit, but the keg was empty at that point any damn way. Hope everyone else is having a good time enjoying this fantastic spring weather- I picked up another bike this week, and I'm really looking forward to getting some seat time on it. Til next time....

-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock