Friday, April 29, 2005

On blogging in general

Sitting here in the office today, I decided to poke around through the web's most popular blogs.... and I must say that I was fairly disappointed. Soooooo many of them have the same ill-informed, condescending editorial rants about the same various uninteresting political goings-on that I began to zone out and forget what I was reading. And personally, I'd rather not see a post with one to two sentences of semi-unintelligible banter followed by 16 links to other blogs with the exact same post about the exact same thing.

I thought this whole thing was about being *personal,* and letting people inside your world for a minute. Are people that dull?? Or just scared to pop the cork and let 'er fly??

The way I see it, I don't figure you care too much about my opinions relating to the filibuster. If you already have your own opinion, I don't think that a few words from me is going to change it. I'm sure not coming to your blog to be convinced that you're right. I'm not out to present my point of view to change your mind, and if you came here looking for a reason to believe a certain thing, then you're a lost little sheep any damn way. My opinions are worth about 2 cents less than what you paid for them. And no, I don't want you to send me a bill.

I'm not qualified in any sort of way to give you an intelligent take on who's butt-raping who in DC, and I'm beginning to wonder how many of the political-blogging people are. My areas of appeal are apparent, and few: First and foremost, I can write. Plus, I travel a lot. I'm into motorcycles and the outdoors in one of the most amazing areas for such things in the world. I play and write a LOT of music, and I'm going to begin to put a bit more focus on that. But I've already covered that part today. I want you to see what my dog looks like, not my senator.

The *only* time you're ever going to see a comment here about a political-ish situation is going to be when I'm absolutely fed up with hearing the same uneducated, regurgitated crap over and over. Much like when I'd heard enough stupid opinions about the Terri Schiavo thing.

Hell, I'm sure the three or four people who've actually come back haven't done so because I'm a political genius. The blogs that I see that really interest me and make me want to keep coming back are the ones that are personal, clever, intelligent, and original. And honestly, I'll bet you that few, if any of those people actually give a damn if anyone ever reads their posts, either. We do it for ourselves, to clear our heads. Not for hits, or press, or recognition. My little slate fills up inside every now and then, and it becomes time to wipe it clean before I fill it up again. Here's where I keep it. This place is just a word dump. Take it or leave it.

-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock