Monday, May 16, 2005

A full weekend


51605
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Friday night after work, I got the turn signal situation all sorted out on the DR350. It took a couple of hours of wiring, but I definitely saved some money by using the stock turn signals off of Firefighter Jake's SV650. And of course after I got them all mounted and wired up, I had to wheelie- test them.... :D They actually look good and stock- I'll try to take some pics this afternoon and get them up for ya.

Later that evening I went to a party thrown by some undground secret fraternity from Maryville College. I wasn't expecting much, but it actually turned out to be quite the party. Probably 300-400 people in a field out in the middle of the woods, with a bunch of kegs, and 150 lbs of BBQ'd pork. Now that's a party, folks. The bonfire was huge, and somehow a billiards table ended up in it at some point. They had hired a DJ, and karaoke was the choice form of entertainment for most of the night. Here's Matt, Katie, Holly, and John.

group

Katie and I.

katieb

The other Katie and I. (seriously)

katier

We finally got Matt drunk enough to sing some karoke, and he busted out one of the most amazing Axl Rose impressions I've ever witnessed. It's like the channels Axl's spirit. But he was pissed that no one had a bandana or avaitor glasses for him to wear. He dances like a drunken fool while Alison gets her groove on.

alison&matt

The party was rockin, but I had to bounce when the drunk rednecks started singing "Dixieland Delight" for about the 5th time...

Saturday I spent some more time on the "new to me" bike, just trying to get the kinks ironed out... ordered a set of Avon Distanzias to get a little more grip on the pavement- those knobbies are hell when you're trying to corner it hard. Then that night, I rested. Got tore down alone at the house on the Maker's Mark and Coke.

Sunday, I woke up, and it was raining. I went back to sleep.

Then I woke up again, and it wasn't raining, so I went for another ride for 2 or 3 hours. I blasted some mountain backroads, the type that are way too bumpy and debris-ridden to be even considered safe on a sportbike. It felt great to just rip the throttle open, and not have to worry about what's in the road- I really think I'm gonna love this dual-sport thing.

More info on the new bike, and pics soon. I'm too busy riding it right now... :)

-t

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

104-101-121-32-100-117-100-101-44-32-119-104-97-116-115-32-117-112-63

5/18/2005 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock