Thursday, July 28, 2005

From East to West


geetars
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
Getting settled in here in Los Angeles.

I wrapped things up in NYC on Friday... While I was certainly ready to get the hell out of there, I did get some great shots....

I just love all of the angles and contrast in that town.

angcon1

angcon2

angcon3



So anyway- left NYC (which was kind of a relief), and caught a flight back to Cincy. Then drove over to Indy, had yet another fantastic weekend (thanks- you're absolutely wonderful babe), and drove home on Sunday. Traffic was a royal bitch on the interstate, and I had plenty of time to kill, so I pulled off and bought some maps. Then I charted a sweet detour on Hwy 25 headed south from Williamsburg, KY on down to Lake City, TN. It's a shaded, winding mountain road, and if I ever have the bike up that way, I'm definitely hitting it up. Cove Lake State Park looked pretty fun, as well.

Monday I had a great night playing some blues, and got to catch up with my buddy Doug, who will be moving to Johnson City soon. We're SO gonna miss ya on Monday nights, bro. But I am glad that you got really drunk and told me you loved me. Seriously. You rule. And I love you, too... *sniffle*

Neal-O does his best to look goofy while I put on my game face before going onstage...

gameface

Here's one of the crew during our standard epic jam session at the end of the night. Tell Neal to move his big ass head next time so people can actually see my guitar solo.

jammin

The rest of my life between then and now has been mostly worthless and completely uninteresting, so I'll spare you the story about my laundry. I'm staying at the Westin Bonaventure here in LA, and it's definitely one of the nicer places I've been to in recent memory, even if my room doesn't have a mini-bar. Dammit. Looking forward to kicking it with my pals from San Fran here this week- LA's a great place to go out and have fun, and I've got a few friends who live here, too.

Looks like I've got about 8 more days here, followed by a day and a half off in Vegas (!), and then around 5 days worth of work there before coming home until the month-long Amsterdam/Paris trip. It's gonna be quite busy for me the next couple of months... Everybody make sure Knox-Vegas doesn't get soft while I'm gone...

-t

2 Comments:

Blogger The Emergent Teacher said...

Lovin' the geetars...I'll get back to ya on the game face...

7/28/2005 5:06 PM  
Blogger tjayswift said...

Okay, that totally warrants an explanation...

... and I thought that WAS my good side.... dammit.

7/29/2005 3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock