Thursday, June 23, 2005

Philadelphia, again.


62305
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
For some reason I can't stop singing either the "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme or Springsteen's "Streets of Philadelphia" whenever I'm here...

Anyway, I'm just getting settled into my bad ass hotel room here at the Loews. For some reason, my reservation got mistakenly canceled, so they had to put me in the only room they had left- and it's the pimphouse suite. I joked to a friend today that I think this is the room they used to save for Rick James. My bed has purple satin pillows, for god's sakes. Bring on the crack whores- I've got an expense account....

chaiselounging

I also have a pretty nice view. Here's a church, where I intend to take the aforementioned crack whores.

church

I decided last night at home that I wanted to eat the food that I'd miss the most this week. So we went to El Sazon, which might possibly have the best Chile Colorado I've had on the east side of mighty Mississippi....

Last night's dinner entertainment- Two (on-duty) police officers that Firefighter Jake knew came in and sat down on the opposite side of the restaurant. We decided to send them each a beer, which of course, they can't drink while on shift or in uniform. The look on their faces were priceless when our server brought them over, and then they figured it out, and came over and we all had a good laugh.

apd

It's much fun to travel to all these big crazy cities, but I do truly love living in a slow, small southern town. There's just nothing quite like it....

I'll be sure and take plenty of pictures for y'all this week. Enjoy the Honda Hoot and associated traffic back at home.


-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock