Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Home again, gone again

I bode California farewell...

byecali

...and came back to the correct side of the Mississippi on Thursday night. Got to spend most of Friday with a good friend while getting new tires put on DR350. And let me say it rocks much ass on pavement with the new shoes.

distanzias

I took her on up to my buddy Matt's house and bombed some gravel fire roads with him. Although he was definitely leaving me behind with full knobbies on his bike, I was still riding at a pretty good pace- the tires are a great compromise for my purposes....

mynatts

Saturday night, I went out to the Old City with my buddy Jarrod, who proved his macking skills. There were more bachelorette parties than I think I've ever seen at one time before.

Sunday afternoon I went to Boogie on the Bridge in Greenback. Saw a bunch of great bands, including my buddies Doug and Doug from Blue Revolution. Big Dog, who is the highly talented cook at Brackins, proposed to his girfriend on stage.

proposal

... It's not every day you see a man on one knee with a ring in one hand, chugging a beer with the other. I believe it went something like, "Honey, you know I love you. Will you... (chug chug chug) ... be my wife?" Classic, indeed.

I was fortunate enough to get some of Big Dog's ribs with his own sauce. And they were scrumptious. My mouth is actually watering thinking about them right now. The major culinary surprise of the evening, though, was my buddy Neal-o's sister's chicken. Lord only knows how long it was marinated before it was grilled... it was by far the most tender, tastiest chicken I've EVER had. I'm not normally one to get all excited about food, but it really was that good, folks.

My personal lesson learned Sunday night- if you haven't tried that new 16oz, 6% alcohol energy drink called "Sparks", then don't. It's pure evil. And if you must, don't drink 6, whatever you do. It was like a night on crack.



Monday night, we had a barbeque fest at my friend Liz's house on the lake. It was a small get-together, as many of the invited guests had other things to do, be we had a good time nonetheless. Here Neal-o gets aquainted with Sirus and Kamir.

neal-o

Now I'm in Orlando working after-hours doing some kiosk installs at the Magic Kingdom. I'll let y'all know how it goes.... Enjoy yourselves, wherever you are...

-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock