Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Amsterdam wrap up


GW
Originally uploaded by tjayswift.
The rest of the trip went well, as expected, with only one more significantly drunken night, in which I didn't really do much of anything stupid at all. I'm getting sooo wise in my old age... Note the Dubya graffiti I spotted there.

On to the pics, brothas and sistas......

The irony in this picture will stop you dead in your tracks:
innocent

Speaking of funny cars, Christopholes and I found the car that the thugs drive in Holland:

gride

But the REAL pimps like me drive this one:

mini


Here, I serenade these two poor young ladies at the karaoke pub. This was right before I sang "Let's Get it On" to Chris in front of half of Holland. Yep, drunk.

fatgirls

They have a LOT of bicycles in Amsterdam... and just incase you don't believe me, here's a pic of a parking garage full of them.

bicycles

And please don't ask if I rode one- we all know that I'm much too cool for that.

... And here is "Dog Dookie Park," affectionately named so by Chris, who lost his appetite at lunch one day because of the overwhelming stench of dog doo-doo.

dookiepark

Oh, and speaking of odors, have you smelled my Nutroma?

nutroma

And to top if off, that stuff is actually coffee creamer... exactly what you want in mind when you're pouring a white, milky liquid into your mug, huh??

So, in summary: Amsterdam = cool. Even if you're not into whores and weed. But you really have to pay attention to what is officially sidewalk and what is offically bicycle path. It doesn't look like there's a difference, but there is. And they get kinda pissy when you're walking in their way. I, for one, don't consider those little bicycle bells intimidating, but evidently some of the pansy men in Amsterdam think I should. And they don't like it when you respond to their bell-ringing by telling them to "just grow up and buy a car." Trust me.

I saw a cute shirt the other night- it said, "Good girls go to Heaven. Bad girls go to Amsterdam." Hooooow true is that.

Okay- stay tuned. More updates from home/up north at S's house in a bit.


-t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

This site is fueled by: Newcastle Brown Ale Maker's Mark Woodford Reserve Totino's Shiner Bock